Our Mission Statement
At the Boys & Girls Club of New Haven, we serve with one purpose: To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. Our dedicated staff strive to provide a world-class Club experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who walks through our doors. Our programs are developed to promote the Club’s priority outcomes of Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship and Healthy Lifestyles.
After School and Summer Enrichment Programs
The Boys and Girls Club of New Haven provides after school and summer programs full of education and enrichment for children and families, especially those from low-income households. Most importantly, the Club helps those who need it most! We currently serve over 800 youth through various programs at three sites.
- After School Programs. A safe, positive and educational environment where children spend their afternoons learning and growing.
- Sports Programs. Supports physical fitness and academic achievement through competitive athletics.
- Summer Camp.A state licensed full day summer camp for 5 to 14 year olds that includes swimming lessons, field trips, sports, games and much more.
Our Formula For Impact
Formula for Impact is a research-based theory of change that describes how we will increase our impact – exponentially – on the young people in our community. It is a roadmap used to ensure that members have a life-changing Club experience and leave the Club knowing they will have a great future.
- Academic and Tutoring Programs. Our programs foster life-long learners by supporting academic success with tools for the 21st century.
- Good Character & Citizenship Programs: Develop a positive self-image and good character while respecting their own and others’ cultural identities.
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs: We teach Club youth how to adopt a healthy diet, practice healthy lifestyle choices and to make a lifelong commitment to fitness.
What Our Alumni Say
57% of Alumni say that the Club saved their life.
60% say the Club was the only safe-place in their neighborhood.
85% said that adult Club staff made a difference in their knowing right from wrong.
90% said the Club was the best thing available to them in their neighborhood.
In the last couple of years, we have expanded our facilities to serve children in two other neighborhoods in New Haven. This increased our overall reach by 25%. In the next few years, we would like to…
Your gift today will help us provide the life-changing programs and guidance that makes our Club successful. Working together, we can reach the next generation of youth who will transform themselves, their communities, and New Haven for the better…
The Boys and Girls Club of New Haven offers volunteer opportunities for you to become involved and help shape the future of our community. Join our Mentoring Program and help us shape a young life. Plan a fundraising event or promote our programs and services throughout the greater New Haven community. Or offer a special workshop at our Club. We are always looking for talented and inspiring individuals in our very own city of New Haven to provide workshops to our Club members.
For more information, please contact Carlos Collazo, Director of Program Services & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 787-0187.ext.11.