Teaching Young People the Skills They Need to Succeed in Life
Our After School Program provides a safe, positive and educational environment where children spend their afternoons learning and growing.
We strive to provide a world-class Club Experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who walks through our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
To see this vision become a reality, we have adopted the Boys & Girls Club of America’s Formula for Impact, a research-based theory of change that describes how we will increase our impact- exponentially – on the young people in our community. It is a roadmap used to ensure that members have a life-changing Club experience and leave the Club knowing they will have a great future.
Great Futures Start Here with Our Formula for Impact
BE GREAT: Graduate – utilizes a community-wide strategy intended to prevent young people from dropping out of school and is meant to build on our current dropout prevention efforts.
Power Hour – helps Club members be more successful in school by providing homework help and tutoring and encouraging members to become self-directed learners.
Goals for Graduation – introduces academic goal setting to Club members ages 11-17 by linking their future aspirations with concrete actions today.
Career Launch – Club teens 13-18 years old embark on a journey to explore careers, make sound educational decisions and find success in the world of work.
Good Character & Citizenship
Torch Club – charter small-group leadership and service clubs for boys and girls ages 11-13. Torch Club members learn to elect officers and work together to implement activities in four areas: service to Club and community, education, health and fitness and social recreation.
Keystone Club – This fun and impactful program promotes leadership among Club teens ages 14-18 and focuses on academic success, career preparation and community service.
Youth of the Year – Youth of the Year is a recognition program for members that fosters character, personal growth and leadership qualities.
SMART Moves – this nationally acclaimed comprehensive prevention program helps young people resist alcohol, tobacco and other drug use, as well as premature sexual activity.
SMART Girls – a girls only program that is designed to equip female Club Members with the crucial health and life skills needed to become healthy, successful adults.
Triple Play – a holistic approach to educating boys and girls about good nutrition, making physical fitness a daily practice and developing individual strengths and good character.
- After School: A safe, positive and educational environment where children spend their afternoons learning and growing.
- Mentor 2 Win: Provide caring individuals who, along with parents or guardians, give young people the emotional support, counsel, friendship, reinforcement and a constructive example in a structured and trusting relationship.
- Sports: Supports physical fitness and academic achievement through competitive athletics.
- Summer Camp: A state licensed full day summer camp for 5 to 14 year olds that includes swimming lessons, field trips, sports, games and much more.
- The Club for Teens: Our teen programs provide young people ages 14 to 18 with the support and resources they need to achieve their social, educational, and vocational goals.
- Youth of the Year: Established in 1947, Youth of the Year is the Boys & Girls Club of America’s premier recognition program for Club members.
Parents/guardians are required to meet with our Membership Director to discuss their child’s needs at the time of enrollment for all programs.